Choosing the Right DPT Program Makes All the Difference
Program at a Glance:
Touro’s accredited DPT program is well-established and has been providing students with a comprehensive academic and clinical experience since 1985. You can earn your DPT degree in three years and become a highly skilled, sought-after physical therapist who provides hand-on patient care.
The Touro Difference:
- Expert faculty: Our faculty are experienced clinicians with diverse clinical backgrounds. Many have earned advanced academic degrees and are board certified clinical specialists. Contemporary expertise allows them to bring the “clinic to the classroom” by providing you with real world cases and simulated patient experiences to develop your clinical reasoning skills.
- Small class sizes: Each cohort is made up of 35 students allowing faculty to provide personalized attention. Our professors maintain an open-door policy and work closely with you to guide you through the program from admission to graduation and beyond.
- 100% employment rate: All of our DPT graduates are employed and working within six months of graduation. Touro students are often recognized for their outstanding performance and offered jobs during their clinical experiences.
- Active alumni network: The sense of community fostered in our program does not end after graduation. Many of our alumni return as guest lecturers, teaching assistants, tutors, and mentors.
- Diverse clinical experiences with a personalized touch: Our students complete four full-time clinical experiences in diverse settings, including nationally renowned hospitals, nursing facilities, private practices, rehabilitation centers, schools, sports centers, dance companies and home care. Our directors of clinical education work with each individual student to develop a clinical education plan. Whatever your passion and area of focus, we can help you turn it into a career.
- Convenient Locations: The DPT program is offered in two locations, both easily accessible by mass transit. The New York City campus is in the heart of Manhattan, across from Madison Square Garden, and the Long Island campus is located on the South Shore of Long Island not far from the LIRR.